Since 1997, Starlight Quilters have donated blankets to Project Linus for local hospitals and other organizations that help children in traumatic situations. We comforted 100 children in the first four years.
In 2016 we comforted more than 5 times that many children with 541 blankets made and donated.
2021 marks the 24th year of Starlight’s Participation in Project Linus.
The latest from Project Linus of Greater Kansas City.
We are changing our minimum size to 40″ x 40″. We only have one spot for anything smaller than that and we have plenty of those. Please put your blankets in bags when dropping them off to make it easier to pick up.
Harper’s Fabric & Quilt Co continues to be a collection site.
We need Project Linus Blankets!
Some things to remember for Project Linus:
- When using fleece as a back, skip the batting
- Trim all threads
- The smallest useable size is 40″ x 40″
- The best size is between 40″ x 50″ and 40″ x 60″
- Quilt the top by either tying or machine quilting
- When tying, make the ties between 6″-8″ apart.
- When “pillowcasing”, remember to sew around the edge of the quilt.
- Please check you project for any pins or loose threads which can be hazardous to the children.
Make one today!
Kits with patterns are available for pickup at Harper’s during business hours, Mon-Fri 10-5, Sat 10-4.